Thursday, July 22, 2010

On Music

Music is a big part of my life.It's my drug,even working around home I have an iPod in my pocket and although it causes an argument with dad half the time.I NEED to have a beat in my ear,it gets me through the day.

I know that sounds kind of sad,but it's true.A rhythm to focus on and to keep me focussed or distracted I'm not sure which,but my mind wanders less and that's a really good thing for me right now.It's probably why I have such a soft spot for drum and bass music,it's clean "pure" if you want to sound all emo and junk.No words,no real meaning to get you going,just straight music to do with it what you will,every time I listen to it it could mean something different,feel that bit different.

For me,it's mood manipulation as well,the autoplay song on this blog [that you all hated so much >.>] always calms me down and puts a smile on my face.I have no idea why,something about Iz singing somewhere over a rainbow makes me think of a happier place.It sort of works both ways,certain songs make me feel pissed off, or rather brings it to the surface, "killing in the name of" for one,maybe not angry but not taking any shit kind of mood.Or motivational,just by the way it sounds,in general it's more about the sound than the lyrics;
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen[and various others] is all about sex,but it always seems so sad to my mind.

In a way it always seems to say things better than I can,most of these posts have a song attached,it usually sums it up for me,whether it's just a lyric that stands out for me or the "mood" of the song fits, in my head anyway

Well,that's enough of my craziness for one rambly blog post,makes a nice change from the whingey teenage dirtbag[;)] tripe I normally spew out,so I'll leave it with generic worky type music;


So;on a scale of 1-Bruno how Ghey is this topic idea thingy anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment